Use library tools and resources to discover new books and materials or do research online.
- TexShare Databases - Try these databases filled with magazine articles, encyclopedia entries, and other materials to help you discover more on any subject, from general interest to business, hobbies, and more. Please see your librarian for a username and password. Click here for the Current list of core TexShare Databases.
- Good Reads - Interested in the latest news headlines? Looking for something new to read? We'll get you pointed in the right direction.
- LearningExpressLibrary.com - Study for the tests online! ACT or SAT, GED, ASVAB, Civil Service exams, or just learn basic skills.
- Mango Languages - an online language-learning system teaching actual conversation skills for a wide variety of languages, including: Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Greek, Russian, Mandarin Chinese, and English for speakers of Polish, Spanish, or Brazilian Portuguese.
- Salem Press Databases - State-of-the-art online reference information from Salem Press, including their popular Health, History, and Science series.
- AR Bookfinder US - search for Accelerated Reader book titles based on authors, topics, or titles of books.
- TWDL.org - explore TWDL.org to find high quality resources for dealing with unemployment, improving computer skills, and finding employment.
- GCFLearnFree.org: Computers - Learn the skills you need at your own pace -- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week -- with any of these free online tutorials. Start learning today! Includes: Computer Basics, Working with Windows 98/XP, Internet Basics, Office 2000/2002 (XP)/2003, OpenOffice.org, Life Skills (Math, Money, Career Development, and Workplace Development)
En español: http://www.gcfaprendagratis.org/computer/
- GCFLearnFree.org: Everyday Life - Life is filled with chaos, and we have to learn how to work and solve problems in the midst of it every day. In "Everyday Life", interactive lessons give you the opportunity to experience these daily challenges without real-world consequences.
En español: http://www.gcfaprendagratis.org/everydaylife
- Jan's Illustrated Computer Literacy 101 - Do you feel confused, befuddled, & lost when it comes to computers? Do you wish you had the time, and dollars, to take a real, live course on computers? Then these lessons are for you! Includes: Computer Basics, Working with Windows, Working with Words, Working with Numbers, Working with the Web, Working with Presentations.
Don't forget to visit our Selected Sites page for a collection of recommended Web sites that will make it easy to find information on the Internet on a wide variety of topics. Browse or search.